沃伦:谢谢你给我介绍芭蕾舞这一类的艺术,不过我更喜欢体育。你知道纽约还有什么活动吗?
Antoinette: Oh, absolutely. There are a lot of events for a sports enthusiast in New York. We've got basketball. The Knicks play. They're an NBA team. We've got baseball. The Yankees and the Mets play, and there's a feud. Yankees fans hate Mets fans and Mets fans hate Yankees fans.
安托万内特:哦,当然有了。纽约有很多供体育爱好者观看的赛事。我们有篮球队,纽约尼克斯队,这是一只美职篮球队。我们还有棒球队,纽约扬基队和纽约大都会队,这两支球队是老对手。扬基队球迷讨厌大都会队的球迷,而大都会队的球迷也讨厌扬基队的球迷。
Warren: Right. They have two baseball teams.
沃伦:好。纽约有两支棒球队。
Antoinette: That's right.
安托万内特:没错。
Warren: Wow.
沃伦:哇哦。
Antoinette: Exciting. We even have a Subway Series. Well, it used to be a Subway Series because the teams would play different stadiums for about a week or so and the fans would just switch back and forth from one stadium to the other. But I think they recently built one stadium for both teams.
安托万内特:这非常激动人心。我们还有地铁大赛。以前纽约有地铁大赛,两支球队要在一周左右的时间在不同的体育馆进行比赛,球迷要在两队比赛的场馆之间来回移动。不过,我想他们为两支球队建造了一个体育馆。
Warren: Oh. Do you think one team is more popular than the other?
沃伦:哦。你认为一支球队比另一支球队更受欢迎吗?
Antoinette: I think probably the Yankees, unfortunately.
安托万内特:不幸的是,我认为扬基队更受欢迎。
Warren: The Yankees.
沃伦:扬基队。
Antoinette: Yeah. My family was a Mets fan and don't tell anyone else in my family that I said that.
安托万内特:对。我家人是纽约大都会队的球迷,不要告诉我的家人,我刚才说扬基队更受欢迎。
Warren: Oh, so I guess, they don't get along with each other?
沃伦:哦,我想他们之间相处得不好。
Antoinette: Oh, not at all.
安托万内特:一点也不好。
Warren: Oh well. Well, I'm from Canada. I really like hockey. I know that you guys have the Rangers.
沃伦:哦,我来自加拿大。我非常喜欢冰球。我知道你们有纽约游骑兵队。
Antoinette: Yeah. We do have the Rangers. They play at Madison Square Garden, so you could easily find, like, buy tickets to see a game there. That's the same place where the Knicks play.
安托万内特:对。纽约游骑兵队。他们的主场在麦迪逊广场花园,你看,在纽约买票看比赛非常方便。那个场馆也是纽约尼克斯队的主场。
Warren: Oh, they both play at the same place?
沃伦:哦,他们都在同一个场馆打比赛?
Antoinette: Yes, they do.
安托万内特:对,没错。
Warren: Maybe, I could go to a basketball and a hockey game.
沃伦:也许,我可以去看一场篮球赛或是冰球赛。
Antoinette: You probably could if you stayed long enough. I think they have different seasons, right?
安托万内特:如果你旅行的时间够长,你可以看场比赛。我想不同球队的赛季不同,对吧?
Warren: Oh, do they?
沃伦:哦,是吗?
Antoinette: Yeah. Madison Square Garden is pretty big though, so maybe there's more than one arena. I'm not sure. I've only been there two or three times in my life.
安托万内特:对。麦迪逊广场花园非常大,可能不只一个场馆。我也不清楚。我只去过两三次。
Warren: Oh, okay.
沃伦:哦,好。
Antoinette: Well, we also have the US Open, if you like tennis.
安托万内特:你喜欢网球吗?我们还有美国网球公开赛。
Warren: Right.
沃伦:好。
Antoinette: Yeah. That's held in Queens, not on Manhattan.
安托万内特:嗯,美网在皇后区举办,不在曼哈顿。
Warren: Oh, okay. What about the US Tennis Open but there's also the US Golf Open. Is that in New York as well?
沃伦:哦,好。除了美网以外,还有美国高尔夫公开赛。这个比赛也在纽约举办吗?
Antoinette: In New York? I don't think the – is it?
安托万内特:在纽约吗?我不知道,是在纽约办吗?
Warren: I'm not sure.
沃伦:我也不确定。
Antoinette: I don't think that the US Open for golf is in New York. I think – no, I don't think that's New York. Yeah. No.
安托万内特:我想美国高尔夫公开赛不在纽约举行。我想应该不是在纽约,不是。
Warren: Okay. Have you seen tennis before?
沃伦:好。你以前看过网球比赛吗?
Antoinette: Yes, I have. I saw Serena Williams play.
安托万内特:我看过。我看过塞雷娜·威廉姆斯的比赛。
Warren: Oh, she's great.
沃伦:哦,她打得很好。
Antoinette: She is. Yeah. Powerful woman.
安托万内特:没错。她是很有力量的女性。
Warren: Yeah. I'd like to see her play.
沃伦:对。我想看她的比赛。
Antoinette: Yeah.
安托万内特:嗯。