简介
In this lesson, we are going to learn what to say when searching for a job.
本节课我们将学习怎样找工作
Applying for a job
寻求工作
Joe : Good morning. My name is Joe Smith. I’ve learnt there’s a vacancy for a sales executive in your company.
乔伊:早上好,我叫乔伊史密斯。我了解到贵公司招一名销售主管。
HR : That’s right Mr. Smith. We are looking for an experienced sales person.
人力资源:是的,史密斯先生,我们在招一名有经验的销售人员。
Joe : Sounds good. I have got 4 years of sales experience.
乔伊:听起来很不错,我有四年的销售经验。
HR : Great! What sort of products have you sold?
人力资源:太棒了!你原来销售什么产品?
Joe : Well, I’ve mostly worked in the tech industry. I’ve sold computers.
乔伊:这个,我主要工作是销售科技产品,我卖过电脑。
HR : That’s great! In that case I’d request you to come over for an interview.
人力资源:太棒了,这样的话我希望你来参加面试。
Joe : Sure. I can do that. Can you tell me when to come?
乔伊:当然,我可以。你可以告诉我时间吗?
HR : What about this Wednesday 5 PM?
人力资源:本周三下午5点怎么样?
Joe : Okay. I’ll be there at 5.
乔伊:好的,我会在下午五点到的。
Calling a Candidate
给候选人打电话
HR : Hello. Is that Mr. Mark Anderson?
人力资源:你好,你是马克安德森先生吗?
Mark : Yes. What can I do for you?
马克:是的,有什么事吗?
HR : I am calling from Market Corp. You’ve applied for a job with us. We received your resume in email.
人力资源:这里是CORP商场,你向我们公司申请了一份工作。我们收到了你的简历邮件。
Mark : Oh yes! I am interested in your vacancy for computer programmer.
马克:哦,是的!我对计算机程序员的空缺感兴趣。
HR : Excellent! I saw your resume, it is very interesting. Can you come in for a personal interview?
人力资源:太棒了,我看到你的简历了,非常有趣。你可以来做一个面试吗?
Mark : Of course I can! When do you need me there?
马克:当然可以!需要我什么时候到那里?
HR : If you can come on the 5th of this month, I will set up an appointment with our section head.
人力资源:如果你可以在这个月五号来的话,我会和我们部门主管约定面试的。
Mark : No problems. I can come on 5th.
马克:没问题,我可以五号来。
HR : Great! See you at 11 AM then.
人力资源:好的额,那上午11点见。
Mark : Sure!
马克:没问题!
Discussing Prospects
讨论前途
Joe : Hey Mark! How’s the job hunt going?
乔伊:嘿,马克!工作找得怎么样了?
Mark : Hey Joe! Well, I have an interview lined up on the 5th.
马克:嘿,乔伊!这样的,我五号有一个面试。
Joe : That sounds exciting. Which company?
乔伊:太让人激动了,那家公司?
Mark : Well, it’s an ERP company.
马克:是一家企业资源规划公司。
Joe : Wow! What’s the profile you’ve applied for?
乔伊:哇哦,你应聘那个职位?
Mark : I’ve applied for Project Manager.
马克:我应聘专案经理。
Joe : I am sure you will get it.
乔伊:我相信你可以得到这个工作。
Mark : I hope so too. It looks like a great job!
马克:我也希望是这样,看起来是一份很好的工作。
Call for confirming hire
打电话通知被雇佣
HR : Good morning, may I speak with Mr. Joe Smith?
人力资源:早上好,可以让乔伊史密斯先生接电话吗?
Joe : Yes, speaking.
乔伊:请讲。
HR : Mr. Smith, this is Martha from Market People.
人力资源:你好,我是人力资源玛莎。
Joe : Oh, hello. Good to hear from you.
乔伊:哦,你好,收到你的电话很开心。
HR : Well, congratulations, because you’ve been selected for the job you interviewed for.
人力资源部:是这样的,恭喜你,你得到了所应聘的职位。
Joe : Wow! That’s great! I am sure I will love working for this company.
乔伊:哇哦。太棒了!我相信我会喜欢在这所公司工作的。
HR : I hope so too. Could you come on the 12th of this month for the orientation?
人力资源:我也希望。你可以在这个月十二号来定向吗?
Joe : Yes, sure.
乔伊:没问题。
Rescheduling interview
调整面试时间
HR : Hello, may I speak to Mr. Mark Anderson?
人力资源:你好,请让马克安德鲁先生接电话。
Mark: Yes, Mark speaking.
马克:好的,我是马克。
HR : I am calling from Market Corp. You have an interview scheduled with us for the 5th
人力资源:我是Corp商场,您和我们这个月五号有一个面试。
Mark : Yes I know. I will be there as required.
马克:我知道,我会准时到达的。
HR : Well, I am sorry but we need to shift it to the 6th. You see the person who is supposed to interview you will be out of town.
人力资源:是这样的,我很抱歉面试可能要推迟到6号。面试人员5号不在本地。
Mark : Hmm.. That’s okay. What time on the 6th then?
马克:呃……好的,那六号的什么时间?
HR : 11 AM. I am really sorry we have to reschedule this.
人力资源:上午十一点,非常抱歉调整时间。
Mark : No problems. I understand.
马克:没问题,我理解。