M:最近怎么样?
F:I'm in a good mood today,actually.How about you?
F:事实上,我今天心情很好,你呢?
M:To be honest,I'm a bit fed up.
M:说实话,我有点儿烦。
F:What's wrong?
F:怎么了?
M:There's a girl in my company that I really like but I always get shy when she is around.
M:我很喜欢我们公司的一个女孩,但是我一看见她就感觉不好意思。
F:I see!Do you want to ask her out?
F:这样啊,你想约她出来吗?
M:Sure,but how?
M:当然啦,但是怎么约啊?
F:You can ask her out for drinks after work.
F:你可以约她下班后一起喝东西。
M:But for what reasons? She doesn't even know who I am.
M:但是找什么理由啊?她都不知道我是谁。
F:Then you've got a lot of work to do.You need to get her to notice you first.
F:那你要做的事情可就多了,你要先引起她的注意。
M:Easier said than done.
M:说起来容易。
F:You can start by meeting her at the bus stop and saying“hello" to her.
F:你可以先在公交车站等她,然后趁机和她搭汕。
M:But I always get tongue-tied when I see her.
M:但是我一见到她,就不知道说什么。
F:That's something you need to overcome. Men should make the first move as most girls prefer being chased.
F:那你一定要克服这个心理。男士要主动,女孩子喜欢被追啊。
M:I see. I'll try.
M:知道了。我试试吧。
F:Good luck!
F:祝你好运。
重点词汇
fed up感到厌烦的
He had become fed up with city life.他已厌倦了城市生活。
after work下班
They usually meander down to the pub after work.他们通常下班后漫步到那家小酒店去。
tongue-tied(因胆怯等)说不出话的
In their presence I became self-conscious and tongue-tied.当着他们的面,我变得难为情,说不出话。
overcome克服
Molly had fought and overcome her fear of flying.莫莉经过努力克服了对飞行的恐惧。
chase追逐;追求;追踪
He was reluctant to give up the chase.他不愿意放弃追逐。