https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你会选择什么方式跟另一半分手.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的这段对话,在讨论情侣关系,
情侣相处不愉快时会选择分手,你会选择什么方式跟另一半分手
来听今天的讲解:
A: Hey, George, actually it's funny that you mentioned relationships cause I'm actually having a problem with Joe.
嘿,乔治,正好你提到了情侣有关系,我和乔之间出了点儿问题。
B: Is that the guy with the curly hair?
是那个头发卷卷的男生吗?
A: Yeah, that guy. He's really nice and everything, but like I really don't think it's working out.
对,就是他。他人很好,什么都好,可是我就是觉得我们俩不适合。
B: Why what's wrong?
为什么?有什么问题?
A: Well, he's really narrow-minded and I'm really different. We just ... he's nice and everything. He's kind and sweet, and it's just not for me, like we're totally different people.
他思想狭隘,而我和他完全相反。他人很好,善良又温柔,可是我不是这样,我们是完全不同的两个人。
B: I see. So what are you going to do?
我明白了。那你打算怎么做?
A: I think I have to rip the band-aid and I think I'm just gonna send him an e-mail or something.
我想长痛不如短痛,我打算给他发封电子邮件说分手。
B: E-mail! But you've been dating for awhile now and you like him right?
电子邮件!可是你们已经约会一段时间了,你喜欢他,不是吗?
A: Yeah, we're like so sweet together, but it's just ... I don't see a future.
是,我们在一起时很美好,可是……我看不到未来。
B: But isn't an e-mail just a little too cold and he might tell other people about it, and rumors spreading and what not.
可是用电子邮件分手是不是太冷漠了?他可能会和其他人说这件事,这样谣言就会传播开来。
A: OK, then, what do you think I should do? How should I do it?
那你认为我应该怎么做?我怎么做才合适?
B: You should probably just meet him face-to-face?
或许你应该和他面对面说清楚。
A: Ugh! Face-to-face. OK. Where should I meet him? Like do you think I should just invite him over to my place?
啊!面对面。好,那我应该在哪里和他见面?你认为我应该请他去我家吗?
B: You should probably do it in public, where, you know...
你最好约他在公共场所见面,你知道的……
A: Ooh, good, good, good, good. That's better.
哦,好,好,这很好,很好。这样更好。
B: Maybe that cafe.
可以在那家咖啡厅。
A: Ah, that cafe. Yeah.
啊,那家咖啡厅。对。
B: While I'm having my date, you can be breaking up with your boyfriend. It'll be great!
我约会时,你可以和你男友分手。那样不错!
A: You're so mean.
你太坏了。
B: I'm sorry. That was uncalled for.
抱歉。我失言了。
A: I don't know what to say. What do you think would hurt him less?
我不知道要怎么和他说。你认为怎么说对他的伤害小些?
B: I gotta say honesty would be the best policy.
我认为你最好实话实说。
A: Honesty. OK, so this is what I'm going to say. Joe, you're great, but we're not meant to be. How's that?
实话实说。好,那我就这样说,乔,你非常好,可是我们不应该在一起。这么说怎么样?
B: Yeah, it's great. It's great.
好,这个不错。这个很好。
A: OK, so, OK, OK, I'm done. I think I'll meet him at the cafe, and OK, things will work from then. I'll improvise.
好,好,搞定了。我想我会约他在那家咖啡厅见面,然后和他说清楚。我可以看情况组织语言。
B: Great.
很好。