《口语训练营》是原有的《趣味青春英语》的内容精编版,每期介绍一组对话。本期我们来学习[“眼见为实”应该怎么说?],一起来看一下吧!
今天的对话发生在两个朋友之间,
他们谈论的话题是“汽车”,
他们之间发生了什么故事呢?
来听今天的对话:
A: What's the plan for today?
今天的计划是什么?
B: I have to get down to the mall to score some parts for my car.
我得去购物商城给我的汽车弄一些零部件。
A: I thought your parents were going to buy you some new wheels?
我以为你父母准备给你买新车?
B: My grades at school were so bad they said they would not buy me a new car this year.
我的学校成绩太糟糕了,他们说今年不给我买新车。
A: Do you need a hand to fix your car? I am good at fixing engine.
你需要帮手帮忙修车吗?我在修发动机方面有两下子。
B: I would love some help.
我很乐意有人帮忙。
Al: Can I drive it after it’s fixed?
修好了之后我可以开开吗?
B: No way! You are a hoon.
没门!你是个玩命开车的人!
A: I've changed! I know how important it is to drive safely these days.
我已经改了!我知道现在安全驾驶有多重要
B: I'll believe that when I see it!
亲眼见了我才相信!
New Words
1) Wheels: slang meaning 'car'
汽车:“Wheels”是“car”的俚语
When I was at McDonalds last night, someone stole my wheels and I had to walk home!
昨晚在麦当劳的时候我的车子被人偷了,我不得不走着回家!
2) Hoon: someone who drives too fast and carelessly
玩命开车的人:开车开得很快、粗心大意的人
My mother was such a hoon that my dad hid the car keys and would not let her drive.
我妈妈开车太玩命,我爸爸总是把钥匙藏起来不让她开车。
以上就是本期[“眼见为实”应该怎么说?]的全部内容,希望你能从中有所收获!