DREAMING ON THE RIVER
江上感梦而作
Light as a swallow’s flight,
燕燕轻盈,
Sweet as an oriole’s song,
莺莺娇软,
Clearly I saw you again in dream,
分明又向华胥见。
How could you know my endless longing night?
夜长争得薄情知?
Early spring dyed in grief strong.
春初早被相思染。
Your letter broken-hearted,
别后书辞,
Your needlework done when we parted,
别时针线,
And your soul secretly follows me.
离魂暗逐郎行远。
Over the southern stream
淮南皓月冷千山,
The bright moon chills
冥冥归去无人管。