Why are those tears in your eyes, my child? |
为什么你眼里有了眼泪,我的孩子? |
How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing? |
他们真是可怕,常常无谓地责备你! |
You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing--is that why they call you dirty? |
你写字时墨水玷污了你的手和脸——这就是他们所以骂你龌龊的缘故么? |
O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink? |
呵,呸!他们也敢因为圆圆的月儿用墨水涂了脸,便骂它龌龊么? |
For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing. |
他们总要为了每一件小事去责备你,我的孩子。他们总是无谓地寻人错处。 |
You tore your clothes while playing--is that why they call you untidy? |
你游戏时扯破了你的衣服——这就是他们说你不整洁的缘故么? |
O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds? |
呵,呸!秋之晨从它的破碎的云衣中露出微笑。那末,他们要叫它什么呢? |
Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. |
他们对你说什么话,尽管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。 |
Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. |
他们把你做错的事长长地记了一笔帐。 |
They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things--is that why they call you greedy? |
谁都知道你是十分喜欢糖果的——这就是他们所以称你做贪婪的缘故么? |
O, fie! What then would they call us who love you? |
呵,呸!我们是喜欢你的,那末,他们要叫我们什么呢? |