Two little kids went out to play
In their backyard one summer day.
夏日的一天,两个小孩儿在他们的后院里玩耍。
They gazed at cotton candy sky,
他们盯着棉花糖一般的天空,
And argued as the clouds sailed by.
因为流云争吵着。
"There goes a fluffy sheep!" Tim cried,
“绵羊过来了!”提姆喊道,
As Kimmy scrutinized the sky.
吉米仔细观察着天空。
"I do not see a sheep," she said.
“我没看见绵羊,”她说。
"I see a flock of birds, instead."
“但是,我看见了一群鸟。”
"How lovely are the birds!" said he.
“多可爱的鸟啊!”他说。
"Look there's a swarm of bumble bees,
“看,那有一群蜜蜂,
And there goes a train, a foot long!"
那还有一列火车,有一英尺长!”
"Oh no brother, you are so wrong."
“不,哥哥,你错了。”
"Pesky Kimmy, don't be a pain,
“讨厌的吉米,你都快让我疯掉了。
'Cos you are driving me insane.
Go away and leave me alone
走开,让我一个人呆着。
To just imagine on my own!"
我要发挥我自己的想象!”
"Okay then, I'll leave you alone,
“那好吧,我会让你一个人呆着的。
But when you see a shape unknown,
但是当你看到你不认识的形状时,
Do not go screaming out to me,
别来冲我喊叫,
'Cos I won't tell you what I see."
因为我不会告诉你我看到了什么。”
"Leave me alone and let me be,
“走开,让我一个人呆会儿,
I don't need you to play with me!"
我不需要你和我玩!”
Feeling lonely, she blurted out,
感到寂寞,她不假思索喊道,
"If you need me just give a shout!"
“如果你需要我,就喊一声。”
Notefluffy:披着绒毛的 scrutinized:细察 flock:一群 insane:极愚蠢的
blurted:未加思索地冲口而出