◎ Andy Rooney
That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
世界上最好的课堂在老人的脚下。
That when you’re in love. It shows.
当你坠入爱河时,就会表露无遗。
That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
让一个孩子在你的臂弯里入睡,你会体会到世间最平和的感觉。
That being kind is more important than being right.
善良比真理更为重要。
That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
永远不要拒绝一个孩子送给你的礼物。
That I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help him in some other way.
当无力给予他人帮助时,就为他祈祷。
That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
不论生活要求你要变得多严肃,每个人都需要一个能够一起嬉戏的朋友。
That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
有时候,一个人想要的只是一只可握的手,和一颗理解的心。
That money doesn’t buy class.
金钱买不到风度。
That it’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
每天的小小惊奇,让我们的生命如此多姿。
That under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
人在坚硬的外壳下,也都渴求着被爱,被赏识。
That the Lord didn’t do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
上帝并没有在一天内完成所有的事,我又凭什么认为自己可能呢?
That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
如果你想报复某人,只会让那个人继续伤害你。
That love, not time, heals all wounds.
治愈一切伤痛的并非是时间,而是爱。
That the easiest way to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
促进自己成长的最简单方法是与比自己更优秀的人为伴。
That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
只有深爱一个人时才会认为他是完美的。
That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
微笑是改善容貌的最不昂贵的方法。