英语听力汇总   |   借火来搭讪

https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/

更新日期:2016-11-02浏览次数:463次所属教程:新词热词

-字号+

听力原文

  现在几乎所有的公共场所,像办公室,饭馆儿,都是禁烟的,所以想抽烟的朋友们只能去户外。而一个适用于他们的搭讪方式也诞生了,就叫做smirting(借火搭讪)。

  Feifei: Why are you looking so happy Diarmuid?

  菲菲:迪尔米德,为什么你看上去那么开心?

  Diarmuid: Well, earlier today, I was outside on my telephone, when a lady asked me for a lighter. I think she might have been trying to smirt with me.

  迪尔米德:嗯,今天早晨我在外面打电话,一位女士过来问我借打火机。我觉得她是想要“借火搭讪”。

  Feifei: Smirt?

  菲菲:借火搭讪?

  Diarmuid: Yes, smirt, S.M.I.R.T, smirt. Now smirt is a slang word to describe flirting with another person when you are smoking.

  迪尔米德:是的,借火搭讪。现在这是个俚语,指的是在吸烟的时候和某人调情。

  Feifei: It sounds like smoking and flirting have been joined together to make the word smirting.

  菲菲:听上去是吸烟和调情这两个词加在一起构成了这个词。

  Diarmuid: Exactly, that is how the word smirting is created.

  迪尔米德:确实是,这就是这个词的构成。

  Diarmuid: But I didn't have a lighter, because I don't smoke, so that was the end of the conversation.

  迪尔米德:但是我没有打火机,因为我不吸烟,所以就不了了之。

  Feifei: Was she pretty?

  菲菲:她可爱吗?

  Diarmuid: She was very pretty.

  迪尔米德:她非常可爱。

  Feifei: Oh well. She'll probably be there tomorrow if you want to talk to her again.

  菲菲:好吧,如果你还想和她搭讪,明天可能她还会在那里呢。

  What do people usually say when they are smirting?

  菲菲:以借火搭讪的时候会说什么呢?

  Diarmuid: It depends. Here is an example of some people smirting:

  迪尔米德:这得看情况。下面是一些人以借火和某人搭讪的实例:

  ***

  Example

  A: Hi, could I borrow your lighter?

  嗨,我能借用一下你的打火机吗?

  B: Sure.

  当然。

  A: Thanks. Are you new here?

  谢谢,你是新来的吗?

  B: Yeah, I just started in the IT department.

  是的,我刚来,在IT部门。

  A: Oh great, I work in the office right next to you.

  哦,很好,我就在你旁边的办公室里工作。

  B: I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other.

  我想我们会经常见面的。

  ***

  Feifei: All this talk of smirting is making me feel a little lonely.

  菲菲:不知道我什么时候才能遇到梦中的白马王子呀!

  Diarmuid: You do know that smoking is bad for you and that there are healthier ways to meet a nice guy than to smirt.

  迪尔米德:你一定知道吸烟对你有害,除了借火搭讪这种方法,还有很多好的方法去认识不错的人。