英语听力汇总   |   大学英语六级考试(CET6)历年真题听力2017年12月英语六级听力真题(第3套) 长对话(1)

https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/407/2017120301.mp3

更新日期:2018-12-20浏览次数:1831次所属教程:大学英语六级考试(CET6)历年真题听力

-字号+

听力原文

Conversation One

对话一

W: Oh, hello John.

你好,约翰。

Are you using your dictating machine this morning?

今早你要用听写机吗?

I've got a long report I must dictate.

我有一篇长报告必须用听写机。

Can I borrow your machine?

我能借你的听写机吗?

M: Of course. But can you spare me a second?

当然。不过为我抽出点时间可以吗?

It's the message you sent to me about the delivery delay on the control desks.

这是你发给我关于控制台延期交货的消息。

What's gone wrong?

什么出问题了?

W: Everything, John.

所有环节都出了问题,约翰。

We have to get the steel sheets we need for these desks from new suppliers.

我们得从新供应商那拿到这批控制台所需的钢板。

Well, the suppliers have got some trouble or other.

供应商遇到了些麻烦。

They say they'll be a bit late for the delivery.

他们说要迟点发货。

M: But they can't be!

但他们不能这么做!

Those control desks are a special order.

这批控制台是特殊订单。

They are wanted for one of the big computer companies.

一家计算机大公司要这批货。

It's a very important contract.

这是份很重要的合同。

W: When did we promise delivery?

我们答应什么时候发货的?

M: On Thursday next week.

下周四。

And there's a penalty clause.

还有个惩罚条款。

We stand to lose 10 percent of our price for each week of overdue delivery.

发货每延期一周,我们都要损失百分之十的要价。

W: Oh, these penalty clauses! Why do you sales people accept them?

这些惩罚条款!你们销售部为什么接受?

M: We have to accept them, otherwise we don't get the contracts.

我们必须接受,否则就拿不到这份合同。

W: Well, let's get on to the Buying Department.

好吧,我们现在联系采购部门。

I only heard about the delay yesterday because we kept the production line clear to handlethese special sheets.

我昨天才知道发货延期了,因为为了处理这批特殊钢板我们一直保持生产线畅通。

It's a dreadful nuisance.

真是讨厌的麻烦。

M: It'll be more than a nuisance if we don't meet our delivery date!

要是我们发货日期前搞不定,可不只是麻烦了。

It'll cost us a lot of money.

我们要损失一大笔钱。

W: Keep calm, John.

冷静点,约翰。

We can perhaps claim compensation from the steel suppliers for failure to deliver on time.

我们也许可以向钢铁供应商索赔没能及时交货的损失。

That'll offset the penalty clause.

这可以弥补惩罚条款。

M: Well, if you can.

好吧,如果可以的话。

Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.

请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题1至问题4。

1. Why did the woman send the message to the man?

问题1:女士为什么向男士发消息?

2. What does the woman say about the new suppliers?

问题2:关于新供应商女士说了些什么?

3. How did the man get the contracts?

问题3:男士怎么拿到合同的?

4. What does the woman suggest they do?

问题4:女士建议他们应该做什么?