英语听力汇总   |   里昂夜读英语美文[137]:我将生命与荣耀献给守夜人

https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/10000/10244/137.mp3

更新日期:2019-10-21浏览次数:786次所属教程:里昂夜读

-字号+

听力原文

 

 

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

长夜将至,我从今开始守望。

It shall not end until my death.

至死方休。

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.

我将不娶妻,不封地,不生子。

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

我将不戴宝冠,不争荣宠。

I shall live and die at my post.

我将尽忠职守,生死於斯。

 

 

 

I am the sword in the darkness.

我是黑暗中的利剑。

I am the watcher on the walls.

我是长城中的守卫。

I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn,

我是抵御寒冷的烈焰,破晓时分的光线,

the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

唤醒沉睡者的号角,守护王国的坚盾。

I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

我将生命与荣耀献给守夜人,今夜如此,夜夜皆然。

 

 

英语美文