英语听力课堂(www.tingclass.net)是公益性质的英语学习网站,您可以在线学习英语听力和英语口语等,请帮助我们多多宣传,谢谢!
Chop-chop / tʃɒp /
快点,赶快
Chop-chop ! We'll go to the zoo behind our school.
咱们去学校后面的动物园,赶忙!赶忙!
blah-blah / blɑː /
用于代表无聊乏味的讲话
Mostly it was a lot of blah-blah about baselines and ratios without any numbers.
它的巨大多数篇幅没有任何数字,而是一堆关于基线和比率的无稽之谈。
Oh blah blah blah - I‘ve heard it all before!
嗯,哇啦哇啦说了一大堆——都是我以前听过的!
Pooh-pooh /puː/
蔑视,发呸呸声
On the other, your colleagues pooh-poohyou as pessimistic or even neurotic.
在另外一边,你的同事们嘲笑你杞人忧天,神经质。
Some Americans pooh-pooh Europe's rise.
一些美国人藐视欧洲的崛起。
Goody-goody /'ɡʊdi /
会拍马屁的人
Roger rolls his eyes. “Dude, you're such a goody-goody.
罗杰眼珠滴溜一转“老兄,你太虚伪了。
Me or Mr. Goody-Goody over there?
我还是那边的好好先生?。
Hush-hush /hʌʃ /
嘘声,秘密的
This business is hush-hush. Never breathe a word to anyone about it.
这件事可不要声张,千万别向任何人吐露一个字。
This matter is hush-hush.
这件事要谨慎保密的。
Drip-drip /drɪp /
雨水声,一点点
It is in the nature of water torture, after all, that the drip-drip continues.
毕竟,这个问题本质上就是让人慢慢地饱受折磨.
The drip-drip-drip of a leaking faucet.
水龙头漏水的滴答滴答声。
Dum-dum /dʊm /
笨蛋
Oh, you in trouble, dum-dum.
喔,你有麻烦了,笨蛋。
Fifty-fifty /'fɪfti /
对半分,一半一半
If you find the treasure we will go fifty-fifty.
如果你找到那批财宝,咱们就平分。
The two boys divided the marbles they won fifty-fifty.
两个男孩把他们赢来的石弹平均分配了。
收集有趣的叠词表达,让你的英语也变得鲜活起来吧!
好了,今天的英文学习就到这里,我们下期再见,see u next time!