拳王阿里以这种方式被人记住,你呢?

2016-06-07 08:53:08  每日学英语

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali - one of the world's greatest sporting figures - has died at the age of 74.

拳击界传奇,全球最伟大的体育界标志性人物之一穆罕穆德·阿里逝世,享年74岁。

J.K.罗琳发推特,附阿里原文《我希望如何被后人记住》

I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times.我想让人们记住我得过三次重量级世界冠军。

Who was humorous and who treated everyone right.幽默,友爱他人。

As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him.从未鄙视自己的崇拜者。

And who helped as many people as he could.尽自己努力帮助尽可能多的人。

As a man who stood up for his beliefs no matter what.坚持自己的信念。

As a man who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love.努力通过坚持自己的信念和爱所有的人,团结全人类。

And if all that's too much then I guess I'd settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people.可能说的太多了,那么我总结一下,那就是,我希望这样为人们记住:我是一个优秀的拳击运动员,是团队的领导者和捍卫者。

And I wouldn't even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was.我都不介意人们忘记我有多帅。

1974年, 英国作家兼记者Frost采访阿里,在此次著名的采访中,Frost 问阿里愿如何为后人记住。
 

I’d like them to say he took a few cups of love. He took one table spoon of patience. One table spoon, tea-spoon of generosity. One pint of kindness. He took one quart of laughter. One pinch of concern. And then he mixed willingness with happiness. He added lots of faith. And he stirred it up well. Then he spread it over a span of a lifetime. And he served it to each and every deserving person he met.

我希望他们认为我有很多杯爱,一汤匙耐心,一汤匙,一茶匙慷慨,一品脱友好,一夸脱笑声, 少许关爱,然后他在自愿里加上了幸福,还加上了很多信仰。他把它们调配的很好。然后用一生的时间去传播这个信念,帮助他遇见的每一个应当帮助的人。

那么,你呢,你愿意如何为人们所记住?

Martin Luther King Jr. is remembered as our prince of peace, of civil rights.马丁·路德·金为人们所铭记为维护和平和支持人权的王子。

其实,我们不需要要求自己多么功勋卓著,能够指点江山的将领或领袖,我们只要最好自己,在自己眼中,在自己家人眼中,就值得怀念。

I hope I am remembered by my children as a good father.我希望我能以一个好父亲的身份为我的孩子怀念。

I want people to say, 'Wherever he was, he was always giving it his all.'我希望人们说,“不管他在哪,他总是会奉献他的所有。”

I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.我想人们可以记住我是一个发掘了自己的所有的潜能,尽自己最大的努力的人,成就了最好的自己。

本周热门